View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
less
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pappy19
For the Ford Motor Company, the WORST engine that ever happened to them was the 6.0 6 leaker diesel engine from 2003 to 2007. Imagine if the 6 leaker was as great an engine as the 7.3? Chevy and Dodge would be out of the truck business. Instead, you can buy a great looking 6 leaker for less money than a gas rig the same year. After the 100k warranty is up, you can kiss them goodby. The 6 leaker made Chevy and Dodge trucks what they are today. The only good thing to come about is the smile on the dealer mechanics face when a 6 leaker gets towed into their shop.
I dunno. Don't think the 6.0 PSD has much to do with the GM / Dodge success or not.... or whether they would be out of the truck business.

Ford has it's loyal customers as does Dodge and GM and both the Cummins and the Isuzu/ GM diesels are very strong diesels.

Ford also had a great alternative...a very strong gas engine...the 6.8 V10...if one of their customers wanted a HD engine to tow.....but preferred not to have the 6 liter PSD.

There are people out there that will just buy a Ford...or just a Dodge....or just a GM...or a Toyota, etc...and only those vehicles.

Nothing wrong with that. Many of us have our favorite brands. I'm a long time (45 years +) photographer and I will pretty well just buy one brand of camera...because that's what I like, that's what I want.