View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron,

That was between 40-45 mph. I always come of the exit with the brights on just for that reason. When I looked over my shoulder to see if anybody was coming over the bridge, looked back ahead that's when the deer appeared. It was running south to north. Happened so fast that I couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe.

By the time I called my wife to tell her I smashed the truck and work to tell them I was going to be late, the deer had gotten up and hid in the woods. First thing the tow truck driver did was look in the bed of the Ranger to see if I picked up the deer.

JW,
Since I can't drive the truck I took pictures to Fosters. He said that they couldn't give me a fair estimate from them, but finally quoted my around 4500-5000. They really wanted me to haul the truck to them, so they could tear it apart before they would give me a price.

The guy at Owasso Collision came out to my house during his lunch hour, crawled all over it and gave me a price of 3100-3500 depending if I have the paint blended.

Several people that I work with also recommend this place.