View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM
KPierson
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty close to the end of my journey and I figured I would give one last update. I will follow the rules and leave out the legal drama!

Ford Motor Co. and myself reached an agreement, outside of a court room, that made it possible for me to replace the motor in my F150. Before pulling out the damaged motor we strapped it to a dyno and ran some diagnostics on it. We found that around 3,000 RPM the knock sensor was going crazy and pulling timing.

We pulled the motor, dropped in a replacement (that doesn't run right, but that's a different thread) and they tore down the old motor. What they found was a rod that was bent to the point that the piston, at top dead center, was 3/8" lower then it should have been! All other rods, pistons, and all valves were in good shape.

So, to summarize the damage caused by the fuel injector sticking open, I had to replace the catalytic converters (replaced both sides, although only the drivers side were clogged. The first cat on the drivers side completely melted and the platinum clogged on the inlet of the second cat. I had to replace the O2 sensor on the drivers side, and I had a bent rod in the cylinder that had the fuel injector stick open.