Thread: Leaking HPOP
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 AM
wallsy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simon,
I have been shopping every month since april this year, when I decided to order the Bellow up pipes. So Far I have sitting at home in the garage is, AIH, CCV, Banks Ram Air(fitted), High Flow turbo outlet, Banks Big Head Accuator, Pedestol Delete, AFE Blade Runner Intake Manifold, 4 inch DP, New IC Boots, a CCV 4500 System, FRX(Fitted) and Billet Plenums. I had a W/W but Later realised from you blokes that it would be no good due to the truck already having a 38R. I remember when I had my injectors removed and new seal kits put on them that they fixed the drain valve in the fuel bowl as it was leaking badly, to the point you could smell it from time to time whilst driving. I have checked the puddle in the maifold and it seems to be jet black oil. I wish it was a fuel bowl, but I am just not that lucky with this thing.

Interesting thing today, whether it is true or not, but one of the guys reckons my gearbox is shifting soft and hard at times is due to the engine not being able to gain full boost through the leaking bellow up pipes. (both are leaking badly now). Guess I will test his theory out soon enough.

I ordered all the seals I need to reseal the HPOP from Clay today, plus additional seals. I will check the fuel bowl tomorrow but the leak will be hard to find. There isn't a heap of fluid in the manifold, and it doesn't leave spots anywhere you park it.