View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
grumpy hvacr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texaskid22
I've never even made a snow man... down here in Texas we had our first bit of snow that collected on the hoods of cars. We stopped working at the shop I was at to have a snow ball fight, and to answer your questions more accurately I have never driven in the snow before, I am a experienced driver when it comes to pushing the limits of vehicles in low traction situations, turning into skids for example.

I'll be moving to Pottsville, Pa.

I currently have a 30 Gallon compressor/13hp gas engine combination bolted in the back of my bed ahead of the rear axle and two side tool boxes that go across the rear axle. I also have a ramsey 9,000lb winch after the air compressor w/100ft of cable.

I wanted to have Michellin LTX M/S all the way around and get some studded snow tires for the rear for winter, do you think the LTX will be decent enough for the front? I was also thinking I could try and get a electric locker worst case scenario if 2 wheel drive is needed instead of 1 wheel drive.

The Michellin tires might be ok in the front when new. I'm from the other end of the state and I believe your going to get more snow where your going to move to than I would. Hopefully someone from that end of the state will chime in.

Sounds like you got the weight in the truck covered, and a limited slip diff would help out. Once the snow flies, find yourself a empty parking lot and see how the truck acts.

Remember, going in the snow is one thing, you also have to learn how to stop.

And if the roads are icy, stay in.