View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w/e away in the truck

I took another load of material down to the coast over the w/e. The truck, with FRx, pre-pump and fuel filters ran like a charm.

Saw 2 other F250's down there, both with their exhausts still bunged up with the FA stock 'DP'. It's like they're still watching black & white on their colour TV for the sake of buying a 'proper' aerial! Each to their own.

There was golf ball sized hail on Sunday afternoon. Luckily the truck was parked up under a car-port.

It was hard work coming back, lots of slowish traffic. Running light, not towing, going up Clyde Mountain the trans temp was sitting on 80c or 176F. I've never seen it that high before. A quick search through the US forum releaved my cooked trans concerns - basically anything below 180F is considered normal.

At the passing lane at the top I was able to pass quite a few slower vehicles and flashed by a gold coloured newish F350 or F450 parked on the side of the road with the bonnet up. Wonder if he cooked his transmission?

I wouldn't know anything about the Torque-shift trans and couldn't have helped in any case.

Boost on my stock turbo topped out at 1.7bar or 27.5 psi - I was happy with that!