Thread: Door Seals
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
F-100CustomCabTBC
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
What do you mean "timed"?
Well there is a piece on the seal that was purposely spliced into it and is really different from the rest of the seal. So I was wondering if that part of the seal had to go in a certain spot of the door.

Originally Posted by iggy.ho
I had the same problem with a big name door seal supplier. doors would not close, rubber stuck out on top of doors! Finally ordered a roll of 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch half round door seal rubber from the softseal company. Maybe not perfect, but i'm satisfied.
I don't want to do that if I don't have to. But it is good to keep in mind if nothing else works.

Originally Posted by THartman
I have heard that people needed to put the LMC seals on the doors and let them compress for weeks/months before they could get the doors to fully close.
Wow really, hmm. I guess now is a good of a time as any if I get them in. Because it will sit all winter. That just doesn't seem right to me I guess.

I might have to just spin the seal around the door and see if anything works. I think my problem lies in the front side of the door. Because I can squeeze the top of the door and it moves and then the seal on the back side of the door is barely engaging the cab. But I can put most of my body weight into pushing on the door and it just simply is not going to close anymore than the one click. I realize I am going to have to readjust my stricker but the door should not be sticking out a good 1/4 inch plus from the cab. I will look into it somemore tomorrow I think.

Thanks!