Thread: My truck thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 AM
aussie_f350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck thread

I always wanted a powerstroke truck since I first drove one, all my mates have them and I didn't, so I made myself a plan and have finally got one. So I been buying and selling a few trucks over the past couple years and finally made enough to buy one. Plan was to build a mid 90's truck with later engine, trans and diffs but changed. Around 6 months ago I bought a truck in California for parts;

it was a 7.3 auto 4x4, bought it at a damaged vehicle auction for $4900, had done 250000 miles. had a guy i know pull it apart and ship engine, gearbox, diffs, wheels with another early truck i bought (still waiting on cab and rest)

with the help of those on fte found Clay for a rebuild kit, but it is on way with some other parts i have coming.
anyway instead of building a 90's truck, my mate (who owns F series parts Tas if you ever need anything) talked me into an ambulance. so a couple weeks ago i bought this;

Its an F350, 7.3 auto.Plan on shortening the chassis to fit a long tub, using the lift and diffs from the black truck, putting in a manual transfer case (so i dont have to wire an electric one) and rebuilding my spare engine. All I need now is to stop being stuffed around by car carriers and get the bloody thing From Qld..........