View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
robertcoogan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
I can run WVO in colder temps than most people can run diesel. They key to a good conversion is adequately heating the WVO to reduce viscosity to replicate diesel. My VO is near coolant temp - regardless of ambient temps. I see 180-200* fuel in my conversions before the heads (it gets significantly hotter in a PSD before it gets to the injectors).

As far as 'falling back on the company' - that's a joke. Once they have your money, there is nothing to go back to. Each of these companies will blame the user for the issues... I have met more people than I can count who wasted their money on a POS system that either fails to work right EVER, or caused so many problems or even engine damage that they eventually just gave up on using it. There are a couple of systems on the market that don't fall into this category - namely, Frybrid and Vegistroke. The others all have major design flaws that inevitably cause problems from things like a lack of adequate heat, using materials (specifically copper heat exchangers) that promote polymerization or 'shared' filters. In some climates, these flaws take longer to cause damage/failures than others - but I'd go as far as to say there are as many failures as successes. Most people think 'its too good to be true' when they start out and are simply not surprised when it doesn't work out.

In over 270k miles burning WVO in my (2) PSD's - I have never had a fuel-related issue.

I always say 'Choose wisely, or please post pics of the carnage'.
That was my whole point from my first post...you need to reduce viscosity. You do that through heating and blending. What I said the first time!

And as for your pessimism about holding a company responsible, I hope I never develop that attitude. If someone honestly thinks that doing nothing is the best choice when they are ripped off, I feel very sorry for them. I myself go and do something about it.