Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
slc10844
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by choogenboom
I just pulled the tank from my 2007 expedition today. The fuel pump driver module is in neither location you mention above and its also NOT in the fuel tank. Unfortunately I can't tell you where it is since I have not found it yet but guessing you'll find it inside or under the hood but in any case well away from the road. The chassis frame is beyond stupid as a place to mount an electronic module. My pump failed with the melted connector, same as D-Rock. I am having a class action attorney take a look at it to see if it has merit. Ford should have recalled this by now.
The fleet garage I worked at included 2003-2008 Ford Expeditions. Whenever a module had to be replaced on an Expedition it was either located on the outside of the frame rail behind the left rear tire or inside the frame rail to the left of the spare tire. The location of the module is an issue I have no control over. If Ford moved, or removed, the module I was unaware of the change and apologize for my ignorance and posting erroneous information. At no time did I suggest the module was in the fuel tank. I am truly sorry if what I posted has put you through any unnecessary stress and anxiety looking for something that wasn't there. I assure you it won't happen again.