View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM
turbo60
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by run6.0run
Hey Vince, my # is 8165486970. I have my engine tore down right now. I have 582 k on this truck. I put 400k on my first 6.0. I almost have a million miles in two combined 2006 6.0's. I average 1100 mi a day for about 21 days a month. I would like to chat about the kit. Is the filter cap element hand tightened. Would the coolant filter be able to be cleaned at a rest area(as long as I have some solvent on hand)? Any plans on putting pet***** on both sides of the coolant filter for cleaning. Maybe shut offs on both oil lines also to keep it clean while doing oil n filter changes???? I'm spitting ?'s now cause I might forget later. I typed this then saw you don't get messages. So I'm posting it.
The coolant filter element is hand tigthened, you can clean the filter with degreaser, solvent,brake cleaner etc.

I don't recommend any type of shut off valves because of restriction flow. The coolant hoses need to be routed around and between the AC hard lines and by installing valves it may interfere with the plumbing. I usually recommend using hose pliers or a strong pair of clamps to pinch the hose while you service your coolant filter. You can also drain about 1 gallon of coolant below the coolant filter level from the radiator drain valve and reuse the coolant after you're done with the cleaning the filter.
Quick disconnects and valves for the oil cooler hoses are also not recommended due to restriction. Since we use 3/4 hose for the oil cooler supply, installing a quick disconnect in a 3/4 configuration would make the female and male coupler stick out almost 4" or longer and would come in contact with the turbo. This setup would be mucho bulky!