View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
turbo60
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by run6.0run
I have been researching this subject. I am in the process of a repower now. My thread is "engine removal pics". I got a couple miles outta my engine. If the 2016 can b used with this kit, sign me up. I drive this for a living and using the oem filter is mandatory because of availability. I was glad to find Vince on FTE with the same username as on an other forum. I am not registered on any other forum but here. Hey Vince, I'm sure you are very busy, but if you ever have a couple mins to chat, I would like to get some info on this kit. I will pm you. My name is Anthony, I live in Kansas City. The 100%filter sounds very nice. Is there an option to plumb in the filter without relocating the oc?
The 2016 OEM ford filter can not be used at this time unless we make a remote housing for it. The filter's that we use in this kit is a WIX filter which can be bought at any auto parts store so finding one will not be a challenge. If anyone is concerned with using a 23 micron filter on your 6.0 you may be surprise to know that the other oil cooler kits in the market uses a spin on filter that is rated at 30-35 microns. Check the part number and confirm what I'm stating.

You quoted: The 100%filter sounds very nice. Is there an option to plumb in the filter without relocating the oc

I'm assuming this is in reference to the coolant filter? If so the answer to your question is no. You can not filter the coolant 100% "before" coolant enters your OEM OC in the OEM location because the coolant is pumped directly from your engine block, through the OC housing and into your OEM OC. The IPR high flow coolant filter will filter 100% of the coolant after coolant runs through your OEM OC in the OEM location it's still much more effective than an other filter in the market.

IPR external oil cooler kit relocates the OEM oil cooler and will allow for the IPR high flow coolant filter to filter the coolant 100% "before" it enters the OEM oil cooler.