View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:39 AM
fomocotrucks
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belt Tensioner Pulley - Not Covered by Warranty

My Belt Tensioner Pulley has failed and my local dealer will not replace under warranty. So I emailed Ford Customer Service about the issue. Good thing is they responded. Bad thing is they didn't answer anything. Email Below

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sep 27, 2012 11:58 AM
Subject: Ford Motor Company
To: <xxxxx@gmail.com>

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding your 2008 Ford F-250. My name is Charles and I am happy to assist you.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. To clarify this issue, I called J. Wilderman Autoplex and spoke with Service Adviser xxxxx xxxxx. According to her they have not diagnosed your vehicle yet and you just talked on the phone. They also advised you that the Serpentine Belt Tensioner Pulley is not covered by the Powerstroke Diesel Engine warranty. For specific warranty information please refer to your warranty guide available at www.motorcraftservice.com.

At this time, we highly recommend that your vehicle be inspected by your servicing Ford Dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms your vehicle may be experiencing. They have factory trained technicians, comprehensive service information and specialized equipment to help diagnose your vehicle.

To schedule a service appointment please contact your local dealer or visit Official Ford Owner Site | Schedule Vehicle Maintenance, Get Tips, Advice & Coupons and click on the “Locate a Dealer” feature to find contact information for dealers in your area.

Thank you for taking the time to write us.

Sincerely,
Charles
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm EST (Monday-Friday) or 9:00am and 5:30pm EST (Saturday). Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952. Should you need it in the future, your reference number is 1461692712.

For online support visit us at: Owner Support which contains answers to frequently asked questions and links to other key product and service information.

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

[THREAD ID:1-6DF4LC]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 9/26/2012 04:30:29 PM
To:
Subject: Vehicle Warranty Questions

Ford Motor Company
Main Topic: Vehicle Warranty Questions
Your Inquiry: Serpentine Belt Tensioner Pulley has broken. Dealer insist that it is not covered by warranty All internet related searches indicated this is covered by the 5yr 100,000mi Warranty. As many other owners of the 6.4L have had this replaced under warranty
Owner: Yes
Vehicle Identification Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mileage: 91060
Vehicle Location: InPossession
If Contacted Dealer: Yes
Dealer Name: J. Wildeman Autoplex Mt. Carmel Illinois