Thread: 47 Ford Pick-Up
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 AM
47Z-Rod
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
47 Ford Pick-Up

Hello,

New to the site. I just picked up a 47 pick- up! I literally picked it up. My friend has had this truck in pieces for the last 14 years and just never got to working on her. I bought it as a project for my son and I. I figured it is never to early to foster a love for the classic American cars and prevent the appreciation for the common rice rocket from settling in. .

I know the risks of buying somebodies project but the price was right. I also know what I'm getting into since I finished a 65 Comet 3 years ago after working on it for 6 years!

I do not plan to perform the same level of restoration/rebuild. The patina of the current sheet metal will stay just like it is today, but the drive train will be clean and reliable and updated. Brakes will be new as well as electrical with new glass and completely restored interior and engine bay. But we all know plans always change!!!

I believe in the forum community as it helped be rebuild my Comet. I'm hoping to learn and contribute as I can.

The first thing I need to do is find a manual so I can determine what body parts I have and don't have. I'm not stuck on 47 parts only. The pick up came with no engine or tranny. However, I have a 351w a 390 and a c4 and c6 in the garage to pick from.

I also have no seat and no bed floor. I'll post a picture soon.

More details and questions to come

Obtw....my son's name is Zach. We always talked of building a hot rod together...thus the screen nam 47Z-Rod!!

George