View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thundersnow70
buzz44, you can see the shield really good in the second pic i posted. you are probably right about catching the grease from flying. you never mentioned what manual that diagram came from. i need a picture of the cover so i can start to look for one. also took the diff cover off tonight...............alot of water came out but i think its gonna be ok. stay tuned!
The pic of the front axle comes out of the 1963 Ford Truck parts and accessories catalog. For the fleet sales dept. I also have the exact same break down in my 61-63 service manual. The complete breakdown is in book one covering 61. The 62-63 are in volume 2. In the service lit instead of part #s it lists the nomencalture for all the parts. I looked through the service lit as to that plate or its use. There is no mention of it either in the brake section or the axle section. There is one picture of a backing plate being taken off with that plate pictured between the shoes but nothing said about it. Are yours in bad shape? Are you thinking of not reinstalling them?