View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
propaneguy72
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Since there is no location in your profile, where are you? LPG prices vary drastically depending upon region.
Sorry i live in Vancouver Wa . And propane prices do vary drastically here as well, some service stations are as high as 3.95 pg others are as low as 2.29. The good thing about propane is you can negotiate prices sometimes . I think the way motor fuel works is the company ( like chevron or shell ) will dictate to owner of the station the minimum price they may charge and I've heard they only make .04 to .08 cents per gallon . However propane at times is marked up , up to 300% sometimes . You can get a bulk tank at your home to fill yourself without a pump and motor. It is called a " wet leg " and it works by having pressure push the liquid out into the tank your filling, you just have to vent the tank you are filling so the pressure is lower in the tank you are filling. When you have a bulk tank and if you were buying it in place of gasoline you would be buying a pretty good amount and your price would probably be pretty good. We would sell it for around 2.00 per gallon maybe less if you were buying a lot. Most propane companies around here anyways will lease a tank for under a 100.00 per year . Hope this answers some questions for ya .