View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 is a name known to alltimmyboy76 is a name known to alltimmyboy76 is a name known to alltimmyboy76 is a name known to alltimmyboy76 is a name known to alltimmyboy76 is a name known to all
timmyboy76 seadooya
gotta agree with "rocketman". VERY time consuming, but worth the time and savings you'll eventually see.

My filtration (hat home), is what you said Jason, i use the "heavy" doubled up window screen over a 55gal barrell. It collects the heavy crap. From there, i pull 15gal and filter then thru a shirt into a transferring barrel (20gal). Once thats done, i bring the oil into the garage where theres 2-barrels. One for the ready to filter/fuge oil, the other is the holding tank for the "ready to burn" oil. The oil goes thru 3-stages of house filter..(100, 50, 20 microns). Then i heat the oil, using water heater elements. Once up to 180*-ish, i pump the oil thru a house ceiling sprinkler for de-watering. You can see the steam just bellow out. Once thats ran, depending on how big the batch, i then pressure the oil thru a P.A. centrifuge, for atleast 2 hours.

After the fuge, let it settle, and to room temp, then i push oil thru a 5 and 1 micron, into the holding tank.

That PA fugereally works well. It gets all that suspended black sooty crap from the oil. I couldnt believe what was left in there, after my firtst fuge batch. My poor injectors/cylinders, after a month of new fuging.

Pics are in album.
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..208k and counting