Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - running on vegitable oil easy??
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to beholdtimmyboy76 is a splendid one to behold
gotta agree with "rocketman". VERY time consuming, but worth the time and savings you'll eventually see.

My filtration (hat home), is what you said Jason, i use the "heavy" doubled up window screen over a 55gal barrell. It collects the heavy crap. From there, i pull 15gal and filter then thru a shirt into a transferring barrel (20gal). Once thats done, i bring the oil into the garage where theres 2-barrels. One for the ready to filter/fuge oil, the other is the holding tank for the "ready to burn" oil. The oil goes thru 3-stages of house filter..(100, 50, 20 microns). Then i heat the oil, using water heater elements. Once up to 180*-ish, i pump the oil thru a house ceiling sprinkler for de-watering. You can see the steam just bellow out. Once thats ran, depending on how big the batch, i then pressure the oil thru a P.A. centrifuge, for atleast 2 hours.

After the fuge, let it settle, and to room temp, then i push oil thru a 5 and 1 micron, into the holding tank.

That PA fugereally works well. It gets all that suspended black sooty crap from the oil. I couldnt believe what was left in there, after my firtst fuge batch. My poor injectors/cylinders, after a month of new fuging.

Pics are in album.