View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 PM
mdula
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got up this morning and dropped the tranny pan. The filter was a little loose but had not fallen off. I cleaned it up, and made a bracket to help hold the filter on.

Filled it back up, let it warm up then took it for a ride. Right off shifts we're smooth, reverse felt normal. I put it in and out of reverse a few times with no issue. It was about a quart low so I drove it up to the auto store to add in a quart. Fluid was on the fill line, after a quart, again fluid was all the way up the stick, like it was overfilled...I CANNOT get a good reading of fluid on this damn thing.

Decided to take it for a drive, about 10 minutes of running errands, all happy I had fixed it, went to pull out of a parking lot in reverse and it slammed in reverse and killed the motor...

Thought I had it. I then took it all the way to decatur, one hour one way trip. It seemed to shift decent, still very firm. Reverse killed it up there too. It got me home safe though, freeway cruising is just fine.

Is the truck over filled?? I have a hard time believing that, but I cant get a good reading on the stick. I just thing the tranny is worn out...Truck has 232K miles on it, the engine is still GREAT though.