Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Here's a better picture of what's needed to do the front hubs. You can see the old 6 lug flange on the floor and the new toledo adapter there too. I want to point out that the inner 8 bolt flange is not designed to carry the whole weight of the truck. It IS however a great start and centers the whole setup perfectly. Fortunately these adapters from wheeladapters.com are machined round through the center, so one just has to machine what's left of the old 6 lug bell flange to be a snug fit inside the toledo adapter. Now the weight is out in the middle of the bearings where it was intended to be. I welded the two together for added security. One little bead at a time, to reduce any pull. With a good fit, the welding isn't needed really, but it's kind of like some of us guys who wear both a belt and suspenders, just in case. Now I'm gonna dig through my old computer to find a pic of the '53 rear hubs. Maybe Bill has a part number. I know a guy who has tons of NOS ford big truck parts in Toms River New Jersey. Maybe you can skip all this work and convert the rear axle like Henry did.

Attached Images