View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Senior User

linus72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been running on veggie oil since Feb when I got mytruck

at first I was filtering through blue-jeans, put one leg inside other and tie ends shut
pour oil down leg and drain into bucket- double-leg jeans probably 5micron

I just completed my 3,200 mile trip from Virginia to California
I left with 3 55gal barrels of veggie

ran into trouble when I got some veggie in nebraska from a mexican joint- they use Lard, only get oil from asian places!!

anyway, main problem with veggie is if it clogs your filter it could destroy IP very fast, which is what happened to me!

MY TRUCK HAS NO CONVERSION NOR DOES IT NEED ONE

I HAVE BEEN RUNNING MY TRUCK ON 100% VEGGIE START AND STOP
NO PROBLEMS

CANT RUN ON VEGGIE NOW CAUSE EATON SENT ME HIS BACK-UP IP AND I GAVE MY WORD I WOULDNT USE VEGGIE WITH HIS IP
LOL

I TOOK OUT INJECTORS AND INJECTOR PUMP AND AFTER 10,000 MILES OF USING VEGGIE OIL, USED MOTOR OIL, HEATING OIL, ATF, ETC I HAVE SEEN NO BUILDUP OR DAMAGE DUE TO VEGGIE OIL OR OTHER FUELS

IT IS BEST TO MIX VEGGIE WITH SOME KEROSENE OR DIESEL, 2-3 GAL PER TANKFUL IS ENOUGH, AS DIESEL MAKES MORE POWER AND BETTER FLOW- LESS VISCOUS THAN VEGGIE

BUY ANY "KIT" AT YOUR OWN RISK AS YOU REALLY ONLY NEED A DIY KIT MADE BY YOU!

IF YOU HAVE A 2 TANK TRUCK, SIMPLY SEPARATE THE DIESEL TANK/RETURNS FROM THE VEGGIE SIDE AND HAVE A SEPARATE FILTER FOR EACH

BEST TO HAVE A DUAL FILTER SETUP ON THE VEGGIE SIDE

TO FILTER ANYTHING NOW BEFORE IT GOES INTO TANK I BOUGHT A 12V MARINE PUMP FROM HARBOR FREIGHT FOR $40, SOME FITTINGS AND GARDEN HOSE
BOUGHT A WHOLE-HOUSE FILTER FROM LOWES FOR $30 AND GET A TWO-PACK OF REPLACEMENT FILTERS (5 MICRON) ALSO FROM LOWES
PUT WHOLE-HOUSE FILTER ON PUSH-SIDE OF 12V PUMP

AGAIN I HAVE NO HEATERS, ETC ON MY TRUCK AND IT LOVES VEGGIE

FOR WINTER OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED TO HEAT THE VEGGIE SOME

BIG BIG POINT-
BURNING VEGGIE SEEMS TO PUT FLAKES INTO THE FUEL SYSTEM, BEST TO ATTACH A FILTER ALSO TO YOUR RETURN LINE TO VEGGIE TANK

I THINK FLAKES ARE A BYPRODUCT OF THE VEGGIE GETTING HOT THEN COOLING WHEN IT RETURNS TO TANK??

THESE FLAKES WILL CLOG YOUR FILTER AT SOME POINT!!

TRY TO CONVERT YOUR FILTER AND GET ONE FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY, ETC AND USE A GOLDENROD SEE-THRU FILTER