View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
dotcentral
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Conanski
That is part of the reason I mentioned earlier that the upper intake is reversible, if there is space on the drivers side for an airbox then just flip it around and save yourself the extra work of relocating the battery. As for an airbox I'd suggest you look at trucks and any year that has a MAF meter inline with airbox, if the rubber couplers are still there you're good and if not some rubber plumbing collars should do the trick.
I ignored this idea the first time, because as bsiebert mentions, there is too much stuff to fight or re-engineer by flipping the intake in some setups, either due to the layout of the project vehicle and/or the donor engine. But either you are not reading and understanding what I'm saying, or maybe you are unaware of why your suggestion won't work in instances like mine.

I guess you had sucess doing it your way in the past. You probably had an earlier Mustang intake or something else with that has a short, straight TB/intake mount.

I may not have been clear, but I am using a 1991 T-bird 5.0 complete with a 91 T-bird upper intake. This intake is like the 94-95 mustang intake, in that the TBI mounting portion is both longer and rotated 45 degrees toward the front of the car. See this link, page 5, last photo. http://oldfuelinjection.com/Inject_your_horse2.pdf

Due to the layout of my truck, it is physically possible, but not practical to flip the T-Bird intake.

I have the old T-Bird airbox stuff, so I will investigate what it will take to make that work. Or use a BC Bronco cone filter and build a metal shroud to reduce turbulence like in the link I posted previously.