View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 PM
lowzone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom, thanks! the adapters might push the rims out about an inch but i was hoping to get something with less backspacing and more choices of rims. 22.5 are about 7k for rims and tires, im running a dummy rear axle tandem so i got 10 wheels and tires to buy! the cab is chopped 3" so far within the cowl and door, the glass is all still stock. Once the cab is mounted i will decide if i need to chop the windshields as well. the hood is chopped 3" in height and possibly 5" in length. so everything is smaller, 19.5s would be perfect and i know of a RV site that sells the F53 chassis rims.....450.00 each.
Family owns and operates a body shop that specializes in construction and large car (semis) vehicles. F350s look like toys at the shop next to the rigs....so ive got my hands on what i need. the truck in proportion should be OK with the 16s (235 80 16) but rather go 225 or 245 70 19.5...i just thought 8 lug rims would be more abundant and more offset choices to widen the front track to match the rear. The truck is staying 2wd. its why i got the Superduty chassis, for the front truck beam "look" that semis have similar set ups. Custom made front rims may be the only way to go....or the RV ones.
thanks again
Ron