View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 AM
lowzone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 10 lug F450 woes!

Hi everyone,
been lurking around, searching for some answers, couldnt find what i needed to know so i'll ask..... I have a couple of F series pickups, 92 350 crewcab dually and a 90 F250 standard cab both Diesels and im swapping the 90 drive line onto a 1990 F450 SD chassis for a project, but i want to go 8 lug up front. chassis isnt here yet but in a week or so i should have it here. I need to widen the front track about 2" on each side and there are NO 10 lug rims with the right offset, obviously. i dont want to run spacers and i dont want to put undo strain on the wheel bearings, so i want to go to a more friendlier 8 lug conversion. For the rear, im putting the 92 crewcab dually rear under this frame as i dont need the GVW or the 5.13 gearing. The disc brakes ill miss but, ill survive! welding, fabrication and machine work does not scare me. Can/should i just FILL and Drill the existing F450 hubs? is there room? or can the F250 (SRW) or F350 (DRW) 8 lug front hubs bolt onto the 90s Solid 2wd axle beam??? Suggestions and ideas would be great!!
thanks all
Ron