View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Posting Guru

madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge View Post
Thanks for the quick reply I think the MS-FRD1 retains the factory microphone. I guess it must because Sync needs it. However, like you, I'm less than impressed with Sync and don't really care if I lose it and go with the Pioneer microphone. I've read where others just removed the factory one and glued in the Pioneer in the same location.

Do you have a reverse camera? If so, where did you pick up the signal?
Yes the MS-FRD1 retains the factory mic, but like you mentioned neither of us care for the sync system. My F-250 has factory back-up camera with the display in the rear view mirror, however I also hooked up the Pioneer ND-BC20PA to my AVIC head unit so now I have two back-up cameras. The reason I did this is so I have the ability to turn the camera on while pulling a trailer so I can keep an eye on my 4 wheelers while going down the road. The factory camera doesn't allow this option. The only thing about it was that the wiring from the camera wasn't long enough to reach all the way up front but I got a real long truck (crew cab with the long box) so I had to splice some wire into it so it would reach. I have a topper on my truck now so I mounted the camera on the top of it at the third brake light. When you ask where I picked up the signal, are you referring the reverse signal? If so, on my truck this is integrated into the factory stereo wiring, so when you get the harness adapters, its right there and ready to hook up to. Let me know if you have any other questions.
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)