View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM
rla2005
Hotshot
Received 1,164 Likes on 919 Posts
Originally Posted by Truckin Bob
Do you have a leaking front seal too ????
If you haven't done so yet, pull the MLPS plug and verify you have the correct wiring at the pins(in the plug) to match the MLPS on your transmission.
If you've had the trans rebuilt and the incorrect year MLPS was installed and the plugs were changed to accomidate the "old version" MLPS, chances are the "service person" moved the pins into the wrong position in the plug.

I just checked mine this morning and low and behold, the wiring has been wrong at the plug for 8 years !!!!

We need some help here subford........
Can you post that very nice picture of the pin-outs of the different MLPS plugs and sockets you recently posted in another thread !!!!!!

Bob
This MLPS issue pops up from time to time. The research I have done indicate the pin-out on the old versus new MLPS is the same. Although years ago Diesel_Brad had a problem when installing the newer MLPS on one of his trucks. I posted a link in this thread from another forum: Repinning mlps connector to 95 style - FSB Forums

In reference to Brad's issue I think his was on a 1994 Lightning. Perhaps Ford had a whacky E4OD wiring scheme for that model year only?

Bill is known to have more than a few surprises up his sleeve from time to time to confirm or debunk a theory.