View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM
WIKD
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 6.0L No Start headache

OK this has literally been going on for over 2 years and I have had 3 different shops work on it but it's still happening. I come out and try the truck and it turns over without difficulty but does not start. This only happens when the truck has sat at least overnight. It never happens when the truck is warm. It usually happens 2 to 6 mos apart but lately it's been every few weeks. heres what has been done and what I was told was checked:
  1. Ford dealership stated it was due to having a program in system. They updated computer and truck started.
  2. 3 days later back to same dealership. They R&R high pressure pump and replace HPOP fitting.
  3. Removed IPR and inspected screen, cleaned and reinstalled
  4. Performed high pressure oil leak, no leaks, checked harness, no shorts found. Found CMP intermittent on start up. Replaced CMP sensor.
  5. Replaced VGT connector with CMP connector
  6. Batteries were found to be weak, replaced both batteries.

There were also 6 other times the truck would not start but I came back, later in the day, and it started right up. I've been told the oil pressure is fine and fuel pressure is fine. In fact the last place says there is no reason it won't start, obviously there is since it won't. The last time was the replacing the batteries idea. There has also never been any codes when it won't start according to the dealerships and independent. I also had Matt write a tune disabling PATS in case that was it but that didn't stop it. It does this whether there is a tune in or whether I return it to stock. Now it sits in my driveway and won't start and I will need to tow it somewhere but it's been to three shops, 2 Ford and 1 independent, and still has the exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Even a garage in Central Florida to take it. I've been to two different Mullinax's and Mobile Oval at the recommendations of those here.