View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Posting Guru

madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryD View Post
Were you able to keep the Sync function, and the Bluetooth Mic when you installed the Head unit? Ive heard you will need the Idatalink Module to keep Sync
No, not the way I have it set up. If I would have got one of these I could have.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

But I didn't like the idea of the additional display and there was no good place to mount it, plus the display looks cheap. Also using this you had to have it on aux input to use the sync features which gives you a blank display on the Pioneer head unit. After installing this I don't really miss sync because I didn't use it much in the first place.

I did get this so I could retain the use of the steering wheel controls to control my Pioneer.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=26

I do see where Kenwood has a unit that ingrates with the sync system, I have yet to see one in person so I don't know how well it works. You can see the Kenwood here:

Kenwood - DNX7190HD

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you do decide to go with the Kenwood, let me know how well it works with the sync.
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)