View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 PM
thundersnow70
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
well i for one have been busy. work and working on the big red bottomless money pit. my daily driver pos grand prix has a problem i have to pay someone to fix because i cant talk to the cars computer. so the 60 got put into daily use. i seen this coming so i put in the new intake gaskets to fix the exhaust leak. i should have figured that out years ago! also got the hood springs tightened up. new carb is working good now that the rear float is unstuck. had the day off so after i dropped of the pos dd at the repair shop, my friend "aka" ride home, stopped and loaded a 66 chivy half ton 4x4 he bought and then swung out to a you-pull-it lot. found some good stuff, really clean oil bath for a 292, fridge fan switch, horn button, magic air controls, 292 radiator, and would you believe a 60 year old bank key chain from my small local town. got a door lock and some bits for my 66 galaxie. thinking about going back for the doors but i cant recall what kind of shape they are in. will probably stop back when the pos car is done. probably wont have any money after the repair but i will look anyway. plus, it was about 100 degrees today and my buddy bought 6 wheels that we got to break down with a manual tire machine. the day was great till then, it got bad in a hurry. im getting ready to look in the manual to see if i can figure out how to wire that new fan switch, if i cant find it im gonna need some help. my 60s' fan is on a toggle switch.