Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 PM
cougarmandan
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally, someone doing what I am doing. Seams like everything I find on mass air 460 uses a retuned Mustang computer and that's not what I'm doing. I too have a 92 F-250 460 that I am converting over to Mass air. I have the California mass air computer from 97 van. I picked up a couple of different y pipes that might work. Factory wiring harness for the mass air 460 are unobtainable, but I believe that the truck 5.8l/5.0L mass air stuff is wired identical, since I found the autozone diagram that says they are for 96. The 97 computer I have has a 96 part number so theoretically, it should be the same diagram. Here is that link:
http://repairguide.autozone.com/znet...3f8021dd65.gif
They have one for the 97, but it cuts off and you only get 3/4 of it. Feel free to look yourself under repair guide:chassis electrical: wiring diagram. It took me a while to figure out the engine wiring diagrams are under chassis electrical.
I wasn't aware of the different balancer with the crank sensor and tone ring so I'll be needing to obtain one so I'll add that to my list. I found a 96 5.0L in a salvage yard and was able to all the harness except the trans harness. I didn't get the balancer, but I got all the sensors off it if. I haven't dug into if it was a AODE (4R70W) or a E4OD yet and if it makes any difference in the underhood harness. I found that he Lincoln Continental and a lot of the 4.6L/5.4L Trucks has the same mass air meter so I finding one was simple. I read that its a 80mm. Do you have any pics of the timing cover and balancer you could send me? I have lots of wiring diagrams that I have downloaded from the internet as well as some Ford EVTM for 95 which I hope compare to the 96 soon. I have some cd's that I need to see if they have diagrams on them. Keep me posted on your progress