Old 08-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Robe81
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Searching for 70's Ford Supercab...is this a tall order?

New member here saying hi and looking for a little advice.

I currently live in Alaska and am about to move to the Florida Panhandle. I'm only going to get to take 2 cars...and I have 3:

1) My "beater w/a heater" - 1994 Chevy K1500.
2) 2003 Tahoe - Wife's car and she loves it.
3) 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Take a guess which one is the getting sold? (To be fair, it was only bought to get me through this last winter...but it is a nice truck.)

Long story short, the Challenger is my hot rod and I don't like the idea of it being my only option as a driver. Especially as fragile as they build cars these days.

So after a long tour with the Chevy camp for trucks, I'm looking to return back to the Ford camp. Maybe its because I grew up watching "BigFoot." Maybe its because my Dad drove (and still drives) Ford Trucks when I was growing up. Whatever it is, I've come to the decision (and somehow managed to convince my wife) that I would like to get into a 70's Ford Truck. Love the look, the toughness, and the heritage.

But....there's a catch the wife insists on:

Its gotta have a backseat.

At first I thought this wouldn't be that bad. They made tons of trucks in the 70's right? I've had no shortage of searches turn that up. Then I got to digging...and digging...and lots more digging. And I've come to the conclusion that a Supercab might end up being a TALL order. I might get 1 in 100 that is a Supercab.

So whats the story? Are these things that rare? Or am I not looking in the right place?

Thanks in advance for any info and reading through my ridiculously long first post.