View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
wickedbusa
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Are you saying there is not good air flow to the vents? Cold, but not enough flow?

How does it perform in MAX A/C? That's when it recirculates the inside air through the system.

How is it in regular AC, when it takes in "outside air" to cool off instead?

If the flow changes, you likely have a blocked inside air "intake duct". Happens often, when a plastic "baggie" gets sucked up into the intake port under the dash on the passenger's side above the foot well.

If it isn't that, you may have a "Blend Door" problem/ While not real common, it happens.

Have you been looking at the A/C forum here at FTE? Lots of good info about this subject there.

Where in the Valley are you located?

Pop
The flow out of the front vents feels pretty weak with the fan speed on its highest setting. I have the AC control unit with a digital display on it, I don't see any setting for MAX. I assume that some Excursions came with AC controls with ***** and others with the digital display? I do however, always turn on the recirc button whenever I have the AC turned on.

I've been reading up on these AC systems here on FTE, everything from the blend door to the clutch gap. It just feels like the hot air from the cabin never gets cooled down and unless you have a vent pointed directly at you, you can feel the heat stagnant in the cabin.

I am located in North Hollywood, anything around the Valley and LA is convenient for me. Or if there's a willing fellow member nearby who's familiar with these things, there's a six pack in it for you if you'd like to help me troubleshoot.