View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 PM
EcoBoostExpedition
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More of the same.

I've been searching for a resolution to an issue with my mirrors and memory function in my 05 EB Expy for a few years now and I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has made any progress since the 11th.

Some history: I've gotten 3 new driver's seat tracks, 4 new driver's seat motors (newest one seems to be working...usually).

Now my driver's side mirror goes full up or full down when I press a preset. It will go full up or down, click around 3 times, then stay there. I readjust, press SET and my memory button, and it works for another couple of weeks. The 1 and 2 memory functions have been fully set since day 1 (in October 2004) and they get reset constantly because of the mirror, the seat, battery disconnects, ford technicians, whatever. Both key fobs are currently set as 1 or 2. I know it all usually works, and everything is set I just don't know why my mirror all of a sudden decided it needs more exercise.

Every now and then my easy exit seat will slide fully back and then can't decide how far away from the end of the seat rails it needs to be. It's a full back, forward a little, back a little, forward a little, back a little, forward a little, back a little, stop type of phenomenon. Really weird, started within a few weeks of the mirror too.

Usually this all happens when it's warmer out but the Expy has been chilling on the driveway since Oct of 04 (all 73,563.x miles) so it's not like it's new to heat and sunlight or anything. Plus I live in the Eastern Bay Area of CA so it never *really* gets hot here for more than like a month out of the year.

Anyway, maybe it's a shorted wire? The DSM logic board could be separating from itself from the heat after all these years?
It's pretty frustrating and my extended warranty is going to run out in about a year so a solid fix (which I know will never come) would be a great peace of mind for my wallet. Anyone with some ideas or info would be greatly appreciated! I'm heading up to my Ford service tomorrow to see if they can help me out at all or have any ideas.