Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Daconob
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door

Originally Posted by kev100
99 Ford Explorer - Drivers Side Door Stuck.

Many...MANY attempts by lock-out guys and garages with lockout tools to open door from the Outside (slim jims....through the window slit...and many others...etc) does not work.

Since the door cannot open....taking the door Panel off is VERY difficult.

HOWEVER...I have managed to get partly off with the door closed.

By sticking my arm through an oval opening in the sheet metal of the interior of the door, I can reach the point at which the linkage bar (and door lock posts) connect to the locking mechanism.

BUT....I don't know what to try to move from this point..
I have viewed a video of a 98 for Explorer...and the guy mentioned some trip point...but he does not explain or show it in any detail....plus, I don't know if the same would apply to a 99 (the interior door panels look a little different).

Anyway....if ANYONE knows what to do at this point to trip this door to OPEN....I would GREATLY appreciate any instructions.

Again...I am BEYOND DESPERATE to get this thing open. It is a vehicle that I must drive on a daily basis.

Thanks.
Ha guy the panel will come off with the door closed just bdid my door same thing happened to me on my 2000 explorer awd 5.0 just work it carefully and it should come rite out cake walk