View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Boss9F100
Logistics Pro
Received 266 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by truckerdude
The deflector plate was not installed as I haven't experienced that issue.

I took it in for rough idling when cold and mpg had dropped in the past few weeks. Truck was built Feb 2011. They said that they connected it to the computer in Dearborn and it automatically told them what updates to download. There was one update for the ACM for the radio, one for the ABS module and one for the pcm.

I was just curious if the latest pcm software contained all of the TSB fixes or did you only get the fixes if you complained about a specific problem?

only difference I see since they flashed it is that it seems to be a little faster off the line- I mean it seems like if you just barely push the gas pedal it goes faster quicker than before- like it has less hesitation (throttle seems more responsive). I am not referrring to WOT runs but normal driving
Once it is hooked up it will automatically do all updates at same time. What ever is avail for that particular VIN gets them all.

There is also another TSB on your truck for a Vacuum T for Turbo Vacuum Regulator Solenoid. The t's had flashing buildup not allowing for proper vacuum to the turbo solenoid. It could have an effect on boost etc.

It may take a couple hundred miles for the engine and trans modules to learn all over again.