View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Met Some Fridge Guys

Been at the Puget Sound Antique Tractor and Machinery Asso. Annual show for the last 4 days. I forgot my camera, but a friend is gonna send me some pics I had him take. Was a really beautifully restored '59 F350 stakebed with 17.5s and a Dodge motorhome rear axle. Had a 429 and a C6, but was otherwise stock and stock appearing. Then I saw a guy peering all around at my '59 and we got talking and he said he was restoring a '60. We talked a bit more about it and he said it came from a junkyard in Snohomish (about 90 miles from there) and so I asked if it was blue and white... He said "yeah, lt blue and white tu-tone". Next I asked him if it had a front bumper on it.... He answered "well it did when I first saw it, but when I decided to go back with the money to buy it, the front bumper was gone." So I just pointed to my perfect front bumper and said "it's right there". I just had to add that they sold it to me for 30 bucks. Of course by then I had torched out 2 curved notches in it for my snaggle tooth tow hooks. Not that I would have given him 'backsies' otherwise ... Pictures of the restored f350 to follow........