View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 PM
thundersnow70
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
so me and my son found ourselves at the iola swap meet with Stu. i have currently switched projects to my 66 ford galaxie fastback. it was my highschool car and my dad bought it brand new from my great uncle joes ford dealership. i was looking for a left front fender when my son came across a NOS right side fender. figured it would be worth asking about so i waited for the owner to get off his cell phone. he was chewing some poor guy a new one over some parts he had. he got off the phone and i asked "how much for the 66 fender?" he said the C6 fender? then he began to give me a lecture about ford part numbers. we played the how much, make me an offer game for a bit. i really didnt need it so i was thinking i would go $100, so i would start at $50 and hope he didnt hit me. i knew he would never take $100. i blurted out 50 and he said WHAT, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS? THATS NOS. FIFTY BUCKS? then to my surprise he said 60 BUCKS AND GET THAT GD FENDER OUTTA MY SIGHT. YOU KNOW WHAT A GOOD DEAL IM GIVING YOU, I KNOW WHAT A GOOD DEAL IM GIVING YOU. YOU KNOW THAT. GET THAT THING OUTTA HERE! IM SICK OF LOOKING AT IT! i payed the man and carried away my $60 nos front fender in disbelief. as we walked away we laughed about the whole deal and tried to figure out why he was so pissed at the fender. all we could figure was that he had been packing it around for years and years trying to sell it with no luck. Stu said i got a free fender and a $60 story. the next day my son spotted the left front fender. it was used but really clean. i had to deal with 13 people on that one that must have been drinking all day. that was $40 and scored a right side door for $25. i bought enough taillights and headlight bezels for 2 or 3 more cars. you gotta get them when you find them cheap. i think Stu was starting to look at me funny when i kept buying taillights. it was a great trip! thanks again Stu for letting us crash in the lab-mobile.