Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by ShadowSnowLeopard
thought this would be a good thread to say hello on. I drove my '66 home last night finally. Fresh oil change and new tires. Now the discovery process starts. So far the only things not working are the a/c, left brake light and the horn. There are a couple "oddities" the previous owner installed so it should be fun. Any recommendations on a local restoration body shop? The truck has very minute amounts of surface rust right now so I would Like to get paint done while it is still in such good shape.

Oh, and from the earlier posts, what is GTG?
Welcome and congrats on the cool truck! Like Chief, the first order of business for every vehicle I've ever owned was removing all the hack-job wiring added by PO's (previous owners)...

I don't know any body shops down there, but wish you luck. I'm about to drop my dually off at a shop that I was not proud of last time I had a fender-bender. It looked OK, but they didn't fix some 'extra' stuff I wanted done and did not recover $300 worth of coolant as well as some overspray on the engine and a couple other minor gripes. The owner is friends with my parents and was out of town when the previous work was done. We will have a longer talk than last time and I will make my expectations clear - and just hope for the best. The problem is these guys do 'production work' and see my 350k mile work truck as a place to cut corners.

I hope you can make it to our 'GTG'! We always have a good time hanging out and checking out everyone's projects.

The boys and I are gonna straighten up the garage today and may take the Toyota rockcrawler to the trail -Beasely **** OHV area! We've prolly had enough rain that we'll need to pull out the winch line, but that's fun too!