Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
August GTG!!! --8/25-- Cool off in the Mtns!

GTG in the GA mountains!! Come cool off at Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee, GA and enjoy a cookout/pot luck lunch. We are tentatively going to meet at the Ga Mountain Fairgrounds Campground and use a pavilion to cook a late-afternoon lunch. Make your campground reservations at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds: Hiawassee, Georgia: Country Music Capital of Georgia ASAP! There are other places for tent camping and full hook-ups, just let me know if ya need help finding a site. There are also hotel rooms and lots of cabins for rent in the area.

I'll have our ski boat in the lake all weekend and will be happy to pull you around! We have a 'barefoot boom', which make teaching beginners (especially kids) really easy. There is a playground, a sandy beach and a great swimming area. There are waterfalls and short, scenic hikes nearby as well as shopping, flea markets, antiques, etc.

Having been to several FTE GTG's around the country, I think we are missing out here in GA... The groups I've hung out with were filled with great people and it seems we never have enough time to visit. This area is beautiful and generally MUCH cooler than the rest of the state, so come enjoy it with us.

Soooooo, I was thinking about a 3pm meal, that way those traveling home won't be too late?? I'll bring enough burgers/dogs/buns for whoever comes and we'll start a list in case you want to bring something! For those coming to camp, I'm sure we'll have another feast after dark and a big breakfast on Sunday AM!