Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Rubenk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pintoches
For reals I need details?

1971 AM General M35a2, Multifuel "diesel" engine with "D" turbo, starts and runs great, carries strong oil pressure. I have turned up the fuel pump so she pulls good. I do need to fine-tune the fuel pump so it can pull hills without worrying about heat. I do have a pyrometer properly installed for monitoring EGT's.

5 speed transmission, shifts good
Air-shift front end(highly prefered over the sprag type)
Brakes work as-expected, but definitely need some maintenance to the air-pack and master cylinder. It quits boosting if you use the brakes non-stop for a few minutes(on and off alot, like on a trail climb or something), they work great around the farm and on-highway.
Has heater with all working controls
All guages work, guage lights worked when I bought it but dont anymore, havent investigated.
2 Brand new batteries, built a battery box when I bought the truck 6 mo ago.
Tires have plenty of tread but are definitely old. I've had new tubes in a few of them, they all hold air and ride fine.
Headlights, tailights, blinkers all work.(put a brand new one when I got it)
Horn does NOT work, havent investigated
Air-powered windshield wipers do work, need blades.
NO major rust, surface rust on a few places.
Cargo bed is in good shape, I have the stake-side for one side and the stakes for the other. Tailgate is warped but still opens and closes.
Windshields are cracked, but they open and close fine, and you can see out of them fine as well.
Canvas soft-top, shows its age, but still repels water and is in one piece, except for the plastic rear window. It was compeltely brittle and fogged up when I got the truck so it has cracked and came apart.

When I bought the truck I changed the 3 fuel filters, 2 oil filters, and new airfilter, as well as the respective fluids.

Parking brake works as designed(NOT an emergency brake).
Clutch seems to hold fine.

Well there it is, a bit of a ramble but I think I hit all the points...