View Single Post
Old 01-02-2004, 12:21 PM
indyjames500
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lenny, I enjoy hearing from people like yourself. You put a real big smile on my face reading the story about your dad. If he still lives, he would really like my car.

I work for Vogel Trucking here in Indy. I helped them start their company back in 1993. Though I have come and gone a few times (disagreements) I have a life time contract with this company. The company you work for used to be called TNT. When I used to work for Stoops Freightliner, I used to come and get your trucks and trailers and take them to shop for repairs. But those were those old LTS9000 with the 855 Cummins. Some had 7 speeds which I hated. Hard to tell what gear you were in. No upper range. Everything was in one/single range. UPS trucks have the same transmissions. Some 5 speeds, and the rest 7 speeds.

Anyhow I'm just getting over pneumonia and the company has just called me in to look at our Baskins Robbins truck. Remember the old Ford CL9000. They have 855 Cummins, 10 speeds and 3.70:1 rear ratios. This one is blowing black smoke and loosing power in cruise mode. I'm gonna go look at AFC system on fuel pump. May end up replacing fuel pump altogether. Very nice truck for it's age, and well maintained when the leasing company owned them.

I may not know all that much about gas engines, but diesel runs through my blood. If you need to contact me just click on profile and send me an email. I must be away from computer for awhile so I can go look at this truck.

Jim.