Old 07-29-2012, 03:32 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,640 Likes on 1,338 Posts
Welcome to FTE!

That may have been true for certain years and models, but as a general rule, nothing to worry about, especially in late model stuff.

To the specific model, I can't find a 2011 new on the lot here after checking several dealers on line.

I looked at several 2012 models on line, a couple in CA a couple in WA, & a couple in AL. AL & CA's are 4x2, WA 4x4, so the MPGs read 13/18 for 4x4 and 14/20 for the 4x4. Pretty sure that's just the 4x4 difference.

Both the CA and WA vehicles have "California emissions system: No Charge" on the window stickers. (nice feature on the web sites, being able to look at the stickers....) No mention on the AL vehicle sticker of emissions at all.

I would say that Ford simply uses the CA (and now several eastern states) specs for all vehicles. They may label them for CA emissions out of that district sales office. (???wag) Each sticker had the state code on top, CA, WA, AL, so it's not like the Washington vehicles were shipped up from CA for inventory reasons. All showed Kentucky as the plant.

You can check this by looking at the emissions sticker under the hood.

It will say "Meets for CA" or "Meets for all states" or something similar.

More and more stuff is 50 state as it's just not that different anymore and why fool around with two specs and two certifications?

Good luck with it if you buy it.