View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM
wyo2track
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camper Package or F350?

Hey out there in FTE world! I'm a new guy and got a question for you guys with the SD 6.2L's out there. I've been reading the ford brochure. What is the difference between the F250 SD with a Camper Package and the F350 SD equipped trucks? I read that an extra set of springs is added to the Camper Package but does this = the F350? I love the bigger trucks for the way the they handle a load while pulling through our typical daily western winds. However, when I buy a F250 or F350 I don't want a heavy duty truck squattin' like a 1/2 ton. We don't usually have to travel too far and these new 6.2L would fit the bill nicely. I'm not brand loyal, just want to bye what the best available is out there at the time. My current 2001 Dodge Cummins Quad cab is getting pretty tight with my two small kids. We pull travel trailers, goosnecks, horse trailers, flatbeads, snowmachine trailers and, frankly, the weight distribution hitch is saved for the travel trailer. Sometimes you just need to hook up to the flatbead and go load up 5 ton of hay, or tie yourself up to a 4 horse trailer and head to the mountains for a day of fun. The new ford diesels look fantastic but I do alot of driving down alot of our washboard county roads and old two track roads out playin' and all the diesels just keep getting heavier than what I already got. Thanks for your time. FYI, I've looked at alot of truck forums and this is the best organized of the bunch. Kudos to the moderators!