View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Studawg
Thread Ender
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
02-03 is the best I think. They have a few more options than the earlier models. The automatic climate control is really nice, and SOME of the limiteds have controls on the steering wheel for the radio and the HVAC in addition to cruise control, which I love. The Eddie Bauers dont have this, at least the ones I have seen. The seats in the 02+ have a different pattern and look better I think. Maybe you will get lucky and find one with rear captains and factory dvd too, which mine doesnt have, but I would like to have. The only plus for the earlier ones is the forged pistons, but that is only really valuable if you plan on tuning it to 500hp or something. Be prepared to pay for them though. I am a dealer and always looking for 7.3s and there was an 03 Limited with 105k that came through the dealer auction the other day, sold for $21,500. I do a lot of towing, but I like SUVs more than trucks, so I gravitated towards the Ex. I had a GMC Suburban with the 454 before this and I finally found my Ex, with 99k miles on it, put a deposit on it sight unseen and drove to NC and traded in the Sub, paid $17,995 and never looked back. That was in December of 2010, I have put 40k miles on it and it is worth just as much now if not more than what I paid for it. I never contemplated any other engine choice or vehicle. I decided that the only thing I wanted was an 02-03 Ex 7.3 Limited and just searched. Dont limit yourself by distance either, I almost bought a black 03 in California with 180k for $12k. I dont think I would have regretted that purchase either. I got lucky in that I found what I wanted within 100 miles. Good luck on your search.