View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:57 PM
v8power
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LARIAT 85
What's the point you say? The OVERDRIVE gear, you Lunkhead. Did you not read my posts? If you get an AOD, you tow in 3rd gear, which is a 1:1 ratio, just like the C6. THEN, when you DON'T tow anything and are just driving down the highway, you have the added luxury of the 4th Overdrive gear with the 0.67:1 ratio for much better fuel economy, something the C6 doesn't have. You will get the best of both worlds. Capiche?
I guess I didn't make myself clear...I want to tow/haul on the highway in 4th gear. If I can't, or I shouldn't with an AOD...then what is the point? I use the truck for truck stuff like hauling/towing. I have a car for my daily driver. If I never use the 4th gear for hauling/towing, then it's a waste to swap from a C6 to an AOD.

So now it's a matter of rebuilding this C6 stronger for towing/hauling or one ready built.

Other than bad reviews with Monster Transmissions, who builds a good towing transmission?

Going through the forums, it sounds like rebuilding this one isn't so bad, I just have to get a few heavy duty replacement parts like the 5 clutch drum and #9 thrust washer.

Ideas? Comments?