Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 AM
joshofalltrades
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like you've got a bit of a plan there. first of all, i wouldn't even think about running alternative fuels in a powerstroke unless the injectors were tired as yours are, because the premature wear on a good set of injectors would cost more than the fuel savings likely would. but considering the condition of your injectors, i would go for it.

my experience with alternative fuels is on the IDI, so i can't help you a bit on tuning, but will share what i do have for you.

first of all, you should NEVER mix your WMO with your WVO. they'll interact in bad ways and plug up filters quickly. our member "linus" had experience with that.
i would advise filtering your fuels before they go into the tank. plenty of opinions around here about how much to filter, with the general consensus being the finer the better. so far i've put about 1500 miles on a 10% WMO mix, the first half of which was done through a 100 micron paint filter, and the second half of which was done through a blue-jean filter, estimated 5-10 micron. some guys here say thats good enough, others run a centrifuge to remove particles smaller than 1 micron. naturally, finer filtration leads to increased component life, but costs more to get set up.

for playing with WVO (which i haven't), you need to either have the fuel heaters and only run it on a warm engine, or process it into biodiesel before it goes in your tank.

i look forward to hearing about your progress!