View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 AM
gmhorse
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schmitty800
About to join the club boys!!! But obviously, I'm not about to overpay to do so. Planning on buying F250/lariat. I can get x plan through the company my brother works for, but I am unaware of how it actually works. I went to the dealer today and was offered $4500 in incentives ($3k-rebate, $1k- ford motor credit, and $500 for a membership). If I was to use x plan, are these incentives taken OFF after the x plan pricing is set?(1% over invoice or whatever it is)

Sticker/MSRP is $58,980. Was offered $12k trade, $4500 rebate, plus tax/title/liscense/fees to clear around $45,500 out the door without ANY negotiation, was just looking for initial ballpark. This is WITHOUT the dealer knowing about my x plan capabilities.

I'm curious to know where you guys think I can get this or where I should be without overpaying too much. The trade offer is fair, but probably could be another $1000 higher. Suggestions/comments? I appreciate it! Cant wait to own one of these bad boys!
X-Plan minus the $4500 in rebates should put you at around 48-49. Then you subtract out your equity in your trade. I assume you are saying you have 12k positive equity. If this is the case that would bring it down to 37k selling price. Then you add in your Tax, Tag, and Title etc. I would say around 39k out the door, no more than 40k is my best guess.

It is hard to say without your exact figures on trade etc but 40k out the door should buy you that truck. Just my .02