Thread: Exhaust Help
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Atsma
Well, for the readers here who don't know, the Dynomax kit DOES come with a Y-pipe to replace the forward resonator, then goes into a full 4" system to the end of the tailpipe. And about the Flowmaster system post above the Dynomax one, it connects to the stock 3" pipe AFTER the forward resonator, then into a 3" inlet muffler with (2) 2-1/5" outlets into twin tailpipes to the sides or rear (you get BOTH bent and straight ends in the kit).
Hope this clarifies things
Thank you, this is very productive information. For those interested in the one I ordered, this is quoted from the product description...

Flowmaster introduces its brand new Force II system for 2008-2011 Ford F250 Super Duty trucks with gas engines including the new 6.2L V8. This system provides the perfect balance between delivery of increased power, torque and mileage. The fully mandrel bent system consists of a clamp-on adapter that connects after the catalytic converter mounting a Flowmaster 50HD Series single inlet, dual outlet muffler.

Of course I will post back when I know for sure that it will work on our trucks, albeit maybe not a true “Catback” I do have faith...