View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:09 AM
davalt75
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmonty2
I mainly use the Economy tune and I get 12.5-13 while driving in the city. I drive 9 miles each way to and from work and will hit about 9 lights during each way. While using the tow tune in the city I will barley get 11. On the highway I can upwards near 17. Have been driving 95% highway the last few day and I am avg. 15.1 mpg for about 200 miles using the economy tune. I do have the 3.73 rear end though, not sure what you have. I can't tell you how much improvement over stock since I have been using the tuner for the last year. The truck just feels better then stock.
Thanks. That's helpful information. From what I've read, I think around 13and is average around town economy on these trucks. I was really just curious about the fuel mileage with the tuner. I figured it would be a nice plus if it allowed me to squeeze out a few extra miles. Hoping it will help with acceleration from a dead stop. Mine seems a little slow on take off. A little eager to get into 6th gear also, at low speed. I also have the 3.73 gear by the way.