View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Blacksnake
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Restoring/ restomoding 57 questions

Not sure how many this thread will apeal to or who will look at his thread and have or want to add anything but all comments are welcome. Eventually I will start a restoration thread. Until then I just wanted to share some ideas and ask some questions for those who have gone before me, so here goes...

I recently bought two 57 F 100 styleside trucks, One is all there and together with some type of old V8 in it probably a 390 with a C6. The truck does not run but we turned it over with battery sounds horrible lol

The second truck is a project started but not finished. It is in pieces. Good pieces though, There is a big window welded into place, the bed floor has been raised 4 inches and mini tubbed. There is a NO LIMIT suspension installed front and rear with air bags, two compressors and an air tank. Disc brakes front and rear, power rack n pinion, alum gas tank to fit between the rails ,no motor or transmission.

My plan and ideas include a nice 408 or 427 small block Ford with a TKO 5 speed and overdrive. I want a Billet specialties or March system that will included an AC pump and PS pump to drive the rack. I still want to incorporate windshield wipers, radio etc and plan to make the interior close to over the top. The outside will come last if at all.

I will prob have to rewire the entire truck with the OLD AIR system and stereo, etc n the truck. THe truck will be able to almost lay the cab on the street when the air is out so the exhaust will have to be tucked under or come out the rear quarters.

Questions include what wiring has some used, any Motor trans issues to think about, steering columns used by some, interior by who, just looking for a heads up on the things I am not thinking will come up now.

Every build I do......I ususally do a few things more than once, not that familiar with these trucks just lookin for a little guidance, any help or guidance is appreciated, I am in Riverside Ca by the way

Here is that last build if you care to check her out, her name is "KAthy".

1964 Comet 404 V8, C4 wagon - Station Wagon Forums

Thanks Ryan