Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Notalent
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Door Switch/Fuse Problems

Hey Guys,

Need some help. I just bought a 2002 F250 7.3 4x4 that is super clean, runs absolutley phenomenal and what I have been looking for years. Here is the run down of events/problems that just hit me.

I was pulling the PCM out to get the numbers off for a 6POS Chip and after we put it all back together the door locks stopped working, it would barely move, but would not unlock/lock. Checked all the fuses and they were good. I learned about the Actuator Mod yesterday so I did that to the driver side door and tested it and everything worked Perfect again.

I put it all back together and I got my volt/light tester to test some fuses to make sure everything was working and the first fuse I touched was the big green 60A ABS Brake Control fuse and my test light lit then went out (not working anymore) and all the door locks stopped working....as well as the door ajar sound, radio stays on now when the door is opened and my door ajar light is staying on

One thing I noticed is that there is a Brake Controller (aftermarket) installed and its hooked up, but not grounded (looks like it got pulled out somehow) and im not sure its tied to this fuse or not...im also not sure if that fuse could have taken out my door locks.

Can someone PLEASE help me here.... im at work now and have a good snap on volt/light tester im going to go check all the fuses with @ lunch....im headed camping this weekend and would love to have this figured out.

I appreciate any help. If you have questions that could help diagnose, lmk.